Pam Ann is the comic creation of Australian comedian Caroline Reid. An emerging icon in gay culture, she portrays the air-hostess Pam Ann, a mixture of comedy, camp and glamour, and a pun on the legendary airline Pan Am.
Performances tend to emphasise the vagaries of air travel, including the identifying quirks of various airlines around the world, mixed with a generous dose of ribald humour and double entendre.
Pam has developed a cult-like international following for her hilarious shows and riotous repartee. In the vein of Dame Edna, Lilly Tomlin, Tracey Ullman Caroline Reid brings her own blend of comedy to the screen and to live audiences across the globe. Reid has performed with Cher on her arena tour of the UK including Wembley, MEN, NEC to capacity audiences of 14,000 on one night alone. Caroline has also performed for breast cancer charity event Tickled Pink at the Royal Albert Hall which was also broadcast as a special on ITV. Reid as Pam Ann sold out a tour of the UK and a West End run in 2005 and frequently conducts shows in major cities in the USA, Canada and her native Australia.
She is currently working on a live DVD and is developing a show for television and a feature film. She is also planning a UK and Australian tour of her own brand new show as herself titled ‘I always wanted to be an Olympic figure skater’ which has already won rave reviews.
Along with the array of new characters she is developing for her live PAM ANN shows. Caroline is looking forward to performing as PAM ANN at the LA Hollywood Palladium this coming New Years Eve 06/07 and plans to set her sights on an American tour.
Pam Ann - Work:
- REINDEER / BISTROTEQUE – Up and coming Christmas show
Dec 3rd – 23rd 2006
- SOHO THEATRE – In Bed with Pam Ann and Friends. LIVE 4 week run – 2006
- HER MAJESTY’S THEATRE, Melbourne – 2006
- THE SKY’S THE LIMIT – Bloomsbury Theatre/ 2 month run – 2005-2006
- CONFETTI / ‘Minky’ – Feature Film – 2006
- FLYING HIGH – UK Tour and Edinburgh Festival – 2005
- LIVE FROM THE FRINGE – Assembly for STV and Paramount – 2005
- TICKLED PINK, ITV TV SPECIAL – ROYAL ALBERT HALL – 2005
- COME FLY WITH ME Bloomsbury Theatre / RSC and Xmas Run 2004
- CHER UK FAREWELL TOUR UK and Ireland including Wembley and NEC Support Act 2004
- PAM ANN LIVE 5 Weeks Sold Out Live Shows New York and Philadelphia 2004
- PAM ANN LIVE FROM SEYMOUR CENTER – 10 Nights sold out, special for The Comedy Channel in Australia –2004
- PAM ANN LIVE – World Tours / New York, Los Angeles. Highest grossing show / Soho Theatre, London – 2003
- DVD HIGLIGHTS SHOW – BBC Four – 2002
- PAM ANN TV – Comedy Lab / Angel Eye Channel 4 – 2002
- THIS MORNING / Guest - ITV1 – 2002
- THE WEAKEST LINK – Panellist on Special, BBC2 – 2002
- PAM ANN TV – Pilot for Sky TV – 2002
- PAM ANN LIVE – Tour / Melbourne, Sydney, Leicester, Glasgow, London, Edinburgh Festival – 1999-2002
- DAILY TALK SHOW – Kiss FM, Melbourne – 1996-2000
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTARY – Australian documentary filmed across world – 1999
- FULL FRONTAL – Writer and Performer, Channel 7, Australia – 1997
- PAM ANN LIVE – Melbourne Comedy Festival – 1997
Official Website: http://www.pamann.com/